Interfacing Yaesu FTM-10R to FRSet4 on a Honda Goldwing
NOTICE: User assumes total responsibility for any damage or harm relating to attempting this procedure.
This document provides information on integrating the Yaesu FTM-10R ham radio to a Honda Goldwing utilizing the Kennedy FRSet4 and PTT interfaces. Document can be found at www.AB4YB.com .
1. Yaesu FTM-10R is already installed on the Honda Goldwing.
2. Integration was done on a 2006 Honda Goldwing. Correct FRSet4 Intercom Harness is required (#95258).
3. Information on the Kennedy FRSet4 along with required interface hardware can be found here: www.cellset.com
1. Yaesu FTM-10R Ham Radio
2. Optional CT-M11 cable which plugs into the radio transceiver microphone jack
3. Kennedy FRSet4 unit (http://www.cellset.com/frset.html)
4. Kennedy Intercom Harness (#95258)
5. Kennedy Radio Interface Cable (#95479 - radio harness pigtail)
6. Kennedy PTT Interface unit (#95107) for a GL1800 Goldwing
1. On the CT-M11 cable, cut and cap the brown and gray wires
2. Connect one end of a 390K resistor to the green lead on the CT-M11 harness.
3. Connect one end of a 390K resistor to the blue lead on the CT-M11 harness.
4. Tie the other two ends of the resistors together and attach to the green lead of the radio interface pigtail.
5. Connect the CT-M11 orange wire to the orange wire on the radio interface pigtail.
6. Connect the CT-M11 black wire to the blue wire on the radio interface pigtail.
7. Connect the CT-M11 red wire to the white wire on the radio interface pigtail.
8. Set the FRSet4 internal DIP switches as follows: switch 3 OFF, switches 4-7 ON
9. Connect the CT-M11 cable to the Yaesu FTM-10R transceiver microphone jack
10. Connect the J1 connector from the radio interface pigtail to P2 on the FRSet4 unit
11. Test the setup. Adjust the FRSet4 internal DIP switch 2 if necessary for proper receive audio.
Special thanks to Jon at Kennedy Technology Group for
providing interface assistance
Provided by: www.AB4YB.com
Yaesu FTM-10R to FRSet4 (GL1800)
Pin 1 (Orange) Pin 1 (Orange)
Pin 2 (Yellow)
Pin 3 (Blue)
Pin 4 (Red)
Pin 5 (Green)
Pin 6 (White)
Pin 2 (Gray)
Pin 3 (Brown)
Pin 4 (Green)
Pin 5 (Blue)
Pin 6 (Red)
Pin 7 (Black)
Pin 1 (Orange)
Pin 1 (Orange)